Biological Sciences, Analytical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Nutritional Sciences
I am currently working on…
北京快3线路 www.4w1e.cn Continuously improving fermentative biotech processes for carotenoids, such as zeaxanthin, astaxanthin, B-carotene, vitamins (B2, D3 and C) and nutritional lipids (ARA, EPA and DHA). I am also developing new fermentative processes for new products in the animal and human nutrition field, and am responsible for the teams working to achieve it.
The aspect of my work that excites and inspires me the most is...
Being able to work with so many talented young scientists, and getting to see how they develop within DSM. I am also inspired by being able to work across the various disciplines and therefore being able to bring different people closer together with different expertise in order to best support the projects.
The breakthrough I would most like to see made in my field is...
The next generation: Competitive production processes for vitamins and carotenoids using sustainable building blocks derived from fermentation.
Key areas of expertise:
- Strain development
- Metabolic pathway engineering (key focus: vitamins & carotenoids)
- Biotech process development (key focus: vitamins & carotenoids)
- Enzymes (focus on feed enzymes)
- Medical microbiology
- Natural product screening
- Diploma in Biology, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Ph.D., University of Basel, Switzerland, Institute of Medical Microbiology
I represent DSM externally at:
- Advisory Council (Beirat) Biotechnet, Switzerland – Member
- ETH D-BSSE Advisory Board (Switzerland) – Member
Columbia (MD) and Lexington (MA), U.S.