Nutritional Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Materials Sciences
I’m currently working on...
北京快3线路 www.4w1e.cn The development of sustainable proteins from Canola/Rapeseed. For more than 30 years, it has been known that the proteins in Canola offer a very high nutritional value, close to that of dairy proteins. What’s more, this crop is readily available in large quantities. The development of a viable extraction technology for this plant material is challenging, but potentially very rewarding.
The aspect of my work that excites and inspires me the most is...
To be able to contribute to a more sustainable world, by developing technology and products that really can make a difference. In particular, I love to work closely in multi-disciplinary teams that have a broad set of activities - R&D, manufacturing, and marketing - in order to turn a concept to a reality.
The breakthrough I would most like to see made in my field is...
That DSM would be the first in the world to introduce this sustainable protein. It will be a game changer for the use of plant-based proteins in the food industry, and a good example of where you try to get more value from already existing agro materials in the biobased economy.
Key areas of expertise:
- New product development
- Food & pharma
- Project management
- Patents & strategy
- Industrial hygiene
- Startup of industrial processes
- Integrated bioprocess design
- Industrial bio-separations
- Industrial fermentation
- Strain selection and testing
- M.Sc., Environmental Biotechnology, Wageningen University (the Netherlands)
- Ph.D. (cum laude), Biochemical Engineering, Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands)
I represent DSM externally at:
- Dutch Technology Foundation (STW) and Institute for Sustainable Process Technology (ISTP) - User committee member
Delft, the Netherlands